What should we wear?
It’s the most common thing to ask, so I’ve put together some tips for you. My style of shooting is light, bright and full of love and joy. If that speaks to you, then I’d recommend the following pro tips. I want you to be as stress free as possible when taking your photos. So if you get anything from my style guide, make sure to wear something you both feel great in! We always want you guys to feel at your best during your session.
◦ Be extra! This is the time to dress it up! While we don’t recommend wearing jeans or shorts, we want you to feel comfortable and confident throughout your session.
◦ Choose a color palette. Avoid being too “matchy-matchy” (wearing all white or all black). We recommend lighter or neutral tones with pops of muted shades. Choose colors that compliment one another. Having a palette of 2-3 different colors will keep your look cohesive. The camera loves blush tones, heather grays, muted blues, sage greens and sandy neutrals.
◦ Flatter your silhouette! We all have insecurities about particular parts of our bodies; be sure your outfit does not bring attention to them. For example, if you’re conscious about your arms, consider wearing 3/4 sleeves or layer a cardigan or jacket.
◦ Wear pieces you feel comfortable to move in. We love flowy dresses and skirts. Bring flats to wear when moving place to place.
◦ Pair accessories with your outfit. Jewelry, floppy hats, bowties, flower crowns, etc can make all the difference. Dressy (comfortable) closed toe shoes for men especially. Beach sessions are an exception.
◦ Be careful with patterns. Textured fabrics and small patterns are fine. Avoid large, bold plaids and designs that can be distracting from your face. Also avoid having the both of you in patterns. Less is more!
◦ Professional hair and makeup can take some stress away and give an extra boost of confidence. If you’re working with a hair and/or make up artist for your wedding, schedule your trial the day of your engagement session!
◦ Props! If you have any items to showcase your love, bring them along. Bring anything you’d like to incorporate; a bouquet of flowers, picnic basket, coffee, comics, etc. We will photograph them in a fun way.
Hope this was helpful!
As always, don’t hesitate to contact us with any of your own ideas or questions. We can’t wait to shoot your session!